- To provide a forum for members and others to freely exchange experiences and opinions-promoting a deeper understanding of venture capitalist’s functions, its management, and its role in developing growth-oriented businesses.
- To foster, and support, absolute standards of service and integrity by venture capitalists.
- To promote the art and science of venture capital-educating members, the public and governmental authorities in the advancement, improvement and uses of venture capital.
- To maintain close, cooperative relationships with local and regional Venture Capitalist groups.
- To undertake any other functions that will further advance the value of our organization to its members, the business community and our community as a whole.
If a city’s business climate can be measured by the strength of its venture capital community, no organization has had a stronger impact on Birmingham’s business climate since 1985 than the Birmingham Venture Club. BVC has encouraged local entrepreneurial investment and success by:
- Supporting committed entrepreneurs through education-in areas ranging from the benefits of venture capital to business planning and growth-management.
- Facilitating information-sharing and relationship-development opportunities among investors, entrepreneurs, and professionals serving those groups.
- Stimulating investment capital for ventures developed in the Birmingham community.
It’s no secret that small business drives our economy-while new business drive growth and innovation for our future. What’s not as well known is the Birmingham Venture Club’s pivotal role in driving our region’s entrepreneurial spirit.
We play an integral role in Birmingham’s entrepreneurial culture by providing our members (primarily venture capitalists and the professionals who support them) open lines for access to, and exchange of, everything from ideas and information to financial and human capital. An important part of our mission is the encouragement of high standards among venture capitalists, both in service and conduct, and promotion of the art & science of venture capital. Toward that end, we provide a wealth of resources to educate our members—as well as the public and governmental authorities—in the advancement and uses of venture capital.
FIRST VICE PRESIDENT
New Capital Partners
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Dixon Hughes Goodman
Birmingham Business Alliance
Lake Homes Realty
James Childs, Jr.
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz
Maynard, Cooper & Gale
UAB Institute for Innovation
Founders Investment Banking
Burr and Forman
Our Administrative Headquarters located in the Innovation Depot
The club is managed by Relax, It’s Handled an Association Management Company that exists to provide exceptional association management solutions to membership-oriented nonprofit associations including professional, trade, and civic organizations. Relax, It’s Handled is headquartered in Birmingham at the Innovation Depot (innovationdepot.net).
Assistant to Administrator